User Guide ¶
The user guide provides a detailed introduction to the API and features of hvPlot. In the Introduction you will learn how to activate the plotting API and start using it. Next you will learn to use the API for tabular data and get an overview of the types of plots you can generate and how to customize them. followed by an overview on how to use it to display and save plots in the notebook, on the commandline, and from a script. Another section will introduce you to generating subplots from your data.
Lastly the Statistical Plots section will take you through a number of specialized plot types modelled on the pandas.plotting module and the Geographic Plots section will demonstrate how to use GeoViews and Cartopy to display data in geographic coordinate systems.
- Introduction Introduction to hvPlot and how to start using it.
- Plotting Overview of plotting your data with hvPlot.
- Viewing Displaying and saving plots in the notebook, at the command prompt, or in scripts.
- Subplots How to generate subplots and grids.
- Streaming How to use hvPlot for streaming plots with the streamz library.
- Gridded Data How to use hvPlot for plotting XArray-based gridded data.
- Statistical Plots A number of statistical plot types modeled on the pandas.plotting module.
- Geographic Plots Using GeoViews and Cartopy to plot data in geographic coordinate systems.